- The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Government") is concerned to ensure that all personal data submitted through idea.gov.hk (www.idea.gov.hk) (“idea.gov.hk”) are handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Collection of Information
Providing survey responses is voluntary. You can choose not to provide an answer to any given survey or question (especially those requesting your personal information or data). However, sometimes this will prevent you from completing a survey if the survey creator has marked that question as requiring an answer.
- The Government will record visits to idea.gov.hk by using cookies and page tagging without collecting any personal identifiable information of users. The collected record is only used for the recommendation of content and compilation of statistical reports to help improve idea.gov.hk.
- A cookie is a small amount of data created in a computer when a person visits a website on the computer. It often includes an anonymous unique identifier. A cookie can be used to identify a computer. It, however, is not used to collect any personal information. In other words, it does not have the function of identifying an individual user of the website.
- Cookies are used by the Government to collect statistics about the number of visits of users to idea.gov.hk and the users’ preference of websites and online services offered on idea.gov.hk. Cookies are also used to provide information such as users’ recent browsing history for idea.gov.hk’s suggestion on targeted content to users.
- You may choose to accept or reject cookies. If you reject the cookies, you will not be able to use some of the functions of idea.gov.hk, such as saving your preferences in using the idea.gov.hk and accessing some online services on idea.gov.hk.
Social Media Features
- idea.gov.hk currently does not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our website or use our services (unless otherwise stated in a service-specific privacy statement).
Provision of Personal Data
- For different purposes and at different times you may be invited to provide personal data to the Government on a voluntary basis. The data may include name, telephone number, mailing address or e-mail address. The Government will specify the collection purpose and intended usage of your data when it invites you to provide such information and advise you how you may request access to or correction of the personal data provided.
- Unless permitted or required by law, the Government will not disclose your personal data to any third parties without your prior consent.
- idea.gov.hk uses SSL protocol to encrypt data during network transmission to protect your personal data. All personal data you provide to the Government via idea.gov.hk are secured, and access to it is restricted to authorised personnel only.